Sunday, September 4, 2011

So I Had To Call An Emergency Plumber

Emergency plumbers S**K. They coast an arm and a leg and never mind the cost on a holiday weekend! UGH. So when I called my Daddy in tears (who else would I call) explaining I opened my bathroom door and a rush of water flowed onto my feet I thought it was the end of my bank account.


My toilet was just gushing water. I mean it was like HOLY COW does my toilet have that much water gushing. I called the mail man he threw down is guitar (that is another post coming soon) and came running in to only step in water, kind of funny really.

So Daddy told me to call his guy (will not use real name) Herman. Now let me explain where Herman comes from. My Dad use to go to this bar up the street from our house called the Sand Trap. A very only men go there dirty bar lol. When my Dad got sick and he went into his coma one of the first things he worried about when he woke up was getting his football numbers in. Since then I have been holding my breath and going to the Sand Trap to put in his number. Every time I go there 20 men offer me a beer and Herman is usually the ONLY one to ask how Dad is doing.



I never knew he was a plumber. So my Dad called him last night and he was at a clam bake go figure. Anyway he promised to be out here first thing in the morning and just shut our water off. Boy was he not lying! 7:30 am knock knock. He figured it out in 10 mins and is out getting the supplies needed.

Now I will not say how much I am spending on this emergency plumber but I will say this. The cheapest plumber on a holiday weekend is $150 just to come knock on your door. Once again I am so blessed to have the smartest Daddy with the weirdest friends!

OH and this is where Louise "hides" when strangers come, she thinks you can't see her in the bed. But she never took her eyes off him.


Much Thoughts For All Denise <3

5 comments:

Latin Coupon Queen said...

NEw follower from hop! Have a great day! Come over and visit me.

Lori said...

i am a new GFC follower from hoppin weekend. I just love your stories. Dads are the greatest, mine passed away in july.

LaVonne said...

Not fun! That dog is just too cute though. Thanks for sharing the pics.

I am visiting tonight from the Say Hi Sunday blog hop. I hope you have a great week!

Blessings,
LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

Good Girl Gone Green said...

I can only imagine how much that cost you! I am glad everything got fixed...yikes, water everywhere! PS- Lousie is so cute!

Denise McDonough said...

I made it to everyones blog and am following back however I am having a hard time doing much else as my internet is extremely slow I think we are still having electricity issues and such...

 
Designed by SAHMofDQ