Saturday, September 17, 2011

Children's Shows...

I am in LOVE with Phineas and Ferb, ICarly, and Spongebob. I know a big loser I am but hey! I see no bad things these shows do to make anyone angry? But now a days parents are making a HUGE fuss over these things. So let's look at some of the shows I watched as a kid.



GI Joe- Loaded with war crimes and death.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles- Fought with all sorts of weapons.
Smurfs- There was only one girl and babies running around?
Ren and Stimpy- Ok that one came out in 1991 but still you got up close shots of boogers, feet juice and hair follicles. Gross.

We all turned out ok! We are just as smart as children who watch Spongebob, Phinease and Ferb, Dora and Mickey Mouse Club House. We watched whenever and whatever we wanted. Our parents never worried.
Did you know obesity has risen 60% since 1992 and diabetes is even worse. And you are telling me kids not getting up and out has to do with this? Nope last I checked tv viewing has decreased and these other rates increased. Now don't get me wrong I am not mom who lets their kids watch TV all day every day but when I am on vacation (like today) I am taking one day to sit on my arse on facebook and the kids can watch TV all day for all I care.






Also their behavior. REALLY?! You are going to blame THAT on TV?! Really!? Why don't you check your parenting skills before you go and throw blame. Last I checked I wasn't going out with a MK47, and that is what GI Joe did.

So basically what it comes down to is well stop witching and blocking your TVs because you know what that doesn't change a person YOU change a child YOU help mold that child into what he/she wants to be. But of couse don't let TV be your nanny either.



Much Thoughts For All Denise <3

1 comment:

frugalmommieof2 said...

I love cartoons!

Following you by GFC from Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop.

http://frugalmommieof2.blogspot.com/

 
Designed by SAHMofDQ