Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mommies With Tattoos... OMG NO WAY!?

I work in a very stuck up snobby town south of Boston.  I have anywhere from 1-5 children with me at all times while in this town. I work for a dentist and a lawyer. I am tattooed on every limb of my body. I have a phrase going down my entire left arm, the start of a sleeve on my right arm, one on each wrist, one on my thigh, one on each ankle and one on my back. All my tattoos have meanings and I think are all beautiful. I am a 28 year old young mother and a great nanny. I hug my children and theirs I play at the park and watch them play piano guitar and flute. I never miss a concert play or special day. I drive a mini van (sometimes a little to fast.) I walk dogs. I feed breakfast lunch and dinner. I am a mommy and a nanny. I take pride in raising these children as they are ALL unique, caring, loving and well behaved.
Does my tattoos bother you THAT MUCH? YUP you should see some of the looks and under breaths I get. I was bringing two kids to Sailing class last summer when a little girl pointed to me and said "Mommy look at all her stamps!" Her mother scooped her up and said "Don't look at that sinner!" Really?!
We live in a time where uniqueness is embraced by the majority of people. Where I am considered to have "body art" where a woman's choice is still a woman's choice where same sex marriage is FINALLY excepted, and where people of all faiths colors and life have a VOICE.
I don't agree with a lot of things people say or do. I may or may not agree with what I just stated. But I will never ever judge people on their choice in life. God gave us a brain which controls our emotions, thinking and runs our entire system.
Raising a child in a sheltered home will only make it worse in the long run for the majority of them. Statistics have proved this. And I can list pages and pages off the internet which also proves this. But why would you want to do that to your child? Why would you want to fill them with hate? Without understanding of the "real" world? Without excepting and loving everyone's uniqueness?  It is our job as parents to raise respectful caring loving children. Don't judge a book by it's cover.....
By the way I once died my hair GREEN for Harry Potter! OMG

Much Thoughts For All Denise <3

1 comment:

Southern mom of 4 said...

OK I am split... I dont like tattoos but I agree 100% that it is your choice. My husband has one on his back left shoulder blade. No, I don't like it but I love him so I except it. I too am a mother of 4. I have a step-daughter who doesnt live with us, 2 of my own, and 1 with my husband. I wish you the best of luck and hope you enjoy LIFE! Check me out, I am a new follower http://jenblizzard.blogspot.com

 
Designed by SAHMofDQ