Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Son has Aspergers? YUP so what?!

So I sat down today for a phone interview for Robert (my 11 year old) about getting the final "yes your son is autistic" talk. Now we all know this is true. His Pediatrician, Neurologist, Therapist, and School have all said he is have all labeled him as such but we have to wait for this ONE woman to say yes. Well I have been waiting for a very long time now and have got the run around since day one. Well I had to sit on the phone today and go threw every little thing that makes my son "special" how he won't look in his own mothers face when he talks, how he doesn't understand what a clean room is, or how he has no friends. I cry as a mom over good times or bad times. However she didn't make me upset at all? I hung up thinking I just told her whats wrong with my child and this doesn't bother me? Well no it doesn't and you know why? I love my son special or not he is my son. He is a history lover who is enthralled learning about US Presidents. A karate extraordinaire! A video game WIZ. And a very loving caring son and brother. Does it matter what he has or is? Not to us. Yes we want a answerer
to get him the help he needs and deserves but does anything else matter? Nope... I will always sit with my child on Mondays and Fridays to watch wrestling, I will always bring him to Harry Potter midnight premiers and let him skip school the next day (shhhh don't tell the mail man!)Nothing I do or tell him will ever change because he is our son... That to me makes all the difference in the world to him. Because lets all face it children know how we feel and what we want. I want to make sure my children feel loved and know I want them forever no matter "what" they are. Much Thoughts For All Denise <3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Robert is a sweet kid and YOUR kid....who cares what others think or say?? As long as he is loved and knows it is all that matters!

 
Designed by SAHMofDQ